About P20 Brisbane
P20 Brisbane is a series of events created for the public to encourage community awareness and engagement in G20 issues and themes.
Throughout history, meal times have often been the forum for families, friends, communities and even adversaries to come together to share stories, solve problems and discuss ideas through the universal language of food. What better medium for members of the public to explore the themes of the G20 than over a meal in the company of others, where experts with differing views on a topic can share their perspectives sparking ideas and debate to inform, engage and inspire participants to live a little differently thereafter?
P20 events are being held in a range of Brisbane venues to give as many people from the community opportunity to participate as possible. Ticket prices for each event include a charitable donation.
- Inform and engage the public in issues identified as priorities in the G20 Summit
- Provide opportunities and inspiration for individuals to proactively play a personal part in effecting global change at a local level
- Foster interaction, cooperation and cultural expression amongst local people of G20 nations
- Help bridge the gap between people and politics
- Promote and support a selection of charitable causes
- Promote the ideas and initiatives of the Thought Leaders who speak at our events
- Promote and support the venues associated with the event series
- Bring national and global awareness to Brisbane as a New World City
The G20 is the premier forum for its members’ international economic cooperation and decision-making, including 19 countries plus the European Union. G20 leaders have met annually since 2008. This year the G20 is being held in Brisbane, Australia.
promoting stronger economic growth and employment outcomes
making the global economy more resilient to deal with future shocks.